HMIS Help Desk
Scheduling Reports in ART →
How to Schedule a Report (ART ONLY)
3.1. How to Schedule a Report (ART ONLY)
Scheduling reports with ART can save time and hassle. The advantages of scheduling reports are:
- Reports can be set to run daily, weekly, or monthly, saving you the time of having to run the same report with the same criteria over and over again. This cuts down on errors in running reports as well.
- Reports can be set to land in another user's ART Inbox if needed. (See Step 9 below for more info.)
- Running a report using scheduling puts the processing load on Bowman's servers instead of on your machine, so it actually runs faster.
- Scheduling reports bypasses some browser compatibility issues with ART, so if you are having browser issues, scheduling is a good workaround.
The disadvantages of scheduling reports are:
- There is no quick way to clear out your ART Inbox or Schedule Reports, so you have to delete reports and jobs one by one.
- Scheduling recurring reports can only be done with the same exact report criteria for every instance. For example there is not a way to schedule a data quality report with an end date of "today". However, a workaround is to make the End Date a date way into the future, this way, until we get to that date, it will be including everything.
HOW TO SCHEDULE A REPORT (for ART users only):
- Log into ServicePoint, click on "Connect to ART" in the top right of your screen.
- Navigate to the report you would like to schedule.
- Click the magnifying glass icon then click "Schedule Report".
- When the Prompts dialog box comes up, go through all the prompts BEFORE clicking "Next". Click in the top window, then follow onscreen instructions to answer the prompts. Refer to the guidance on how to run your APR if you are unsure about how to answer the prompts. If you accidentally click "Next" before finishing answering all the prompts, you will need to close the window and start back at Step 2.
- Once all the prompts have been answered, click "Next".
- The Schedule Report screen will come up next. You can edit the report name, select how you would like the report to export, choose whose ART Inbox the report should go into, and how many times you would like this report to run. Keep in mind every time it runs, it will run using the prompts you just filled in each time. If you would like it to just run once (right now), then select "Once" and leave the date fields alone. If you would like it recur on a certain schedule, you can set that up as well. Click Send.
- Once you have clicked "Send", you can watch the progress of the report by clicking "Refresh" at the very bottom of your ART browser. To kill a job, simply click the red minus circle. If there is an error, you will see that in the Status column.
- If the report takes awhile, you can continue working in HMIS while the report is running. You can either keep checking the Scheduled Reports section in ART for a Status of "Complete" or you can just check your Inbox every so often to see if your report has completed.
- Once it finishes, your ART Inbox will look like this:
- Click the magnifying glass icon and then "Download" in order to download the report to your computer.
- Also from this window, reports can be sent to a colleague if they have ART (Send button), copy it into your Favorites folder (Organize button), or Delete it (Delete button).